- Godin out of Ghana clash
02/07/2010 by PA
Diego Godin has been ruled out of Uruguay's World Cup quarter-final clash with Ghana in Johannesburg.
Godin suffered a thigh injury in the last-16 victory over South Korea and is replaced by Mauricio Victorino, while Alvaro Fernandez replaces Alvaro Pereira in midfield.
Jonathan Mensah and Andre Ayew are both s View more »
- Uruguay v Ghana - Tabarez: No conspiracy over officials
02/07/2010 by PA
- The coaches of Uruguay and Ghana have brushed aside conspiracy theories claiming English referee Howard Webb was replaced as the man in charge of Friday's World Cup quarter-final because of the controversy over Frank Lampard's disallowed goal.
A Uruguayan referee team led by Jorge Larrionda was in charge of the Englan View more »
- World Cup 2010: sleeping giants of Uruguay poised to ruin African dreams
01/07/2010 by Telegraph.co.uk
- Anyone craving a first World Cup semi-final for Africa is hereby instructed, in the style of the Saturday night sportscaster, to look away now.
Taking aim: Uruguay' s leading goalscorer Luis Suarez has Ghana in his sights
This applies particularly to ITV pundit Marcel Desailly, ever more Ghanaian and ever less Fren View more »
- Ghana primed for one giant leap into World Cup aristocracy
01/07/2010 by Guardian.co.uk
- The Black Stars carry Africa's hopes as the World Cup's powerhouses gather their stride towards the final
Asamoah Gyan and Kevin-Prince Boateng have proved themselves as energetic and effective performers at this World Cup.
This World Cup is heading towards the hallucinatory opera of Diego Maradona becoming the Fran View more »
- Tabarez out to fulfil dream
30/06/2010 by PA
Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez is challenging his players to make the nation's dream come true as they attempt to book their place in the World Cup semi-finals.
The South Americans face the last surviving African side, Ghana, in the quarter-finals at Johannesburg's Soccer City on Friday with their fans hoping against View more »
- Rajevac taking relaxed approach
30/06/2010 by PA
Coach Milovan Rajevac is confident Ghana can deal with the pressure of attempting to become the first African side to reach the World Cup semi-finals.
Ghana take on Uruguay in Johannesburg on Saturday after overcoming the United States in their last-16 match.
Rajevac said: "We are not thinking about the pressur View more »
- Bradley set for talks over future
28/06/2010 by PA
United States coach Bob Bradley will discuss his future with the US Soccer Federation next month.
Bradley's team had a mixed World Cup campaign, topping Group C ahead of England but falling at the first knockout hurdle against Ghana. United States Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati admitted on Monday he and View more »
- Gyan: 'I am the happiest man in the world'
27/06/2010 by Telegraph.co.uk
- Ghana's Asamoah Gyan is jubilant after scoring Ghana's extra-time winning goal in the 2-1 win against the USA to send Africa's last World Cup contender into the last eight.
Ghanain delight: Asamoah Gyan, celebrates with fellow goalscorer Kevin-Prince Boateng.
The Black Stars booked a World Cup quarter-final meeting View more »
- Gyan stunner sends Ghana through
26/06/2010 by PA
- Asamoah Gyan kept the African flag flying at the World Cup with a spectacular left-foot strike in extra-time to take Ghana through to their first quarter-final.
It was the second time in successive World Cups that Ghana had defeated the United States, having effectively dumped them out of the tournament four years ago View more »
- Ghana ready for hard fight
26/06/2010 by Telegraph.co.uk
- USA v Ghana: coach Milovan Rajevac warns US to brace themselves for 90-minute fight
Tough talk: Ghana manager Milovan Rajevac wants his players to give their all in a bid to knock the US out of the World Cup
The Ghana team are the last Africa side standing in the World Cup and are determined to fly the flag into th View more »
Notice: Please subject to GMT+0800 if there are no other time zones marking in our info.
Copyright © 2003 - Power By www.7msport.com All Rights Reserved.